Western governments AND media (look at the dispatches from NYT and WaPo over the last 4 years about Syria) have consistently ignored and even cheered sectarian massacres of Syrian and Lebanese civilians if seems as being perpetrated by foes of the Syrian regime.Niqnaq:
Some Observations About the Carnage in Paris
As’ad AbuKhalil, The Angry Arab (Blog), Nov 14 2015
- ISIS has gone on the offensive: in ten days, they downed a Russian civilian airliner, massacred Hazara Shi`ites in Afghanistan, bombed the southern suburbs of Beirut and now Paris.
- Western governments: Pindostan and France in particular along with their Toad, Qatar, and Turkish allies are directly responsible for the rise and expansion of ISIS through their policies in Syria which cuddled and nurtured ISIS and its sister terrorist organizations.
- There is no way on earth to stem the menace of ISIS and AQ-like organizations without going to the source, in Saudi Arabia which is the official headquarters of the Ibn Taymiyyah’s terrorist interpretation of Islam.
- Ibn Taymiyyah is the one thinker/theologian who has inspired and guided the deeds and thoughts of terrorists striking in the name of Islam.
- Western governments AND media have been rather cynically silent about victims of ISIS terrorism if the civilian victims happen to be categorized as “enemies”. Western governments AND media (look at the dispatches from NYT and WaPo over the last 4 years about Syria) have consistently ignored and even cheered sectarian massacres of Syrian and Lebanese civilians if seems as being perpetrated by foes of the Syrian regime.
- Just as ISIS and AQ brought terrorism to the heart of the West, Western governments have also been exporting death and destruction to the MENA: from Mali to Libya to Egypt to Sudan to Somalia to Syria to Iraq to AfPak. Terrorism has been inflicted on people in those countries by the terrorism of ISIS and AQ and by the bombs and rockets and drones of Western governments.
- All Arabs today have noticed something that can’t be ignored: how ISIS and AQ terrorists travel the world to inflict their terrorism by yet spare Israel and its interests. The relationship between the Israeli Zionist occupation entity and Jabhat al-Nusra, the official branch of AQ in Syria, is not a secret any more.
- ISIS can’t be defeated from the air as long as Western governments and their Gulf and Turkish allies assist it on the ground, directly or indirectly.
- Just as Western powers created and nurtured the precursor of AQ in Afghanistan in order to defeat the communist regime there, those same powers have created and nurtured a cocktail of the worst Middle East terrorists ever in Syria in the hope that they would bring down the Syrian regime.
- The story of ISIS terrorism began with not only the invasion of Iraq and its repercussions in 2003 but also with the creation of a vast save haven for Islamist terrorism in Libya. Libya was the biggest gift to Jihadi terrorism since the fall of the Taliban.
- Pindostan and France have been creating the culture of terrorism in the region (along with GCC regimes) but creating a reckless and terrorist haven in Syria in the name of fighting for “democracy and secularism,” in the stupid language of Jackass Kerry, by making dubious distinctions between various terrorists in Syria through making allies with Jabhat al-Nusra there and its affiliates.
- The myth of moderate Syrian rebels in Syria has to be discarded. The remnants of FSA units are basically ISIS in waiting.
- Western correspondents in Beirut who are in charge of covering the Syrian savage war are all guilty (with the exception of Patrick Cockburn) for misinforming their leaders and misguiding them. They have been ignoring AND JUSTIFYING the scores of car bombs and war crimes by Syrian rebels in Syria and Lebanon because those crimes fit into their struggle against the Syrian regime.
- Western human rights organizations are also guilty for creating a culture of bogus human rights rhetoric which belittled and even justified the war crimes of Syrian rebels (see the latest human rights report by HRW on placing Alawi women in cages).
- French policy under the socialist government has even elevated the relationship with the Saudi and Qatari regimes, the two governments which more than anyone have sponsored and armed and financed the cocktail of the most dangerous terrorists in Syria.
- It is high time that Western governments give up on their policies and wars in Syria not to preserve the Syrian regime (as Iran and Russia would like) but to exclude from the future of Syria both sides of war criminals there.
- I don’t like Bashar al-Assad one bit, and I have wanted the overthrow of that regime since 1976, when its army invaded Lebanon and smashed my dreams of a progressive leftist revolution in Lebanon, but who can now disagree with the warnings given by him three years ago that those terrorists that they are helping will one day strike in the heart of Europe? Syrian regime supporters all over are today reproducing those remarks and airing them.
- The Toad and Qatar regime media (al-Jazeera and al-Arabiyya in particular but others as well) have created a culture of terrorism in which crimes against civilians who happen to be Shi`i or Alawi or Christian or Sunni who reside in “regime-dominated areas of Syria” are justified on a daily basis. Just yesterday, after the bombs of the southern suburbs both Toad and Qatar regime media provided ample justifications and rationalization for the crimes and lionized the terrorists who perpetrated them. This culture of terrorism is responsible for the climate in which the crimes of Paris take place.
- Western governments can’t have it both ways: they can’t continue to support Gulf regimes and arm them while claiming to want to fight terrorism.
- Pindo and Western governments and media are responsible for the selective denunciations and condemnations culture: they are silent about the daily crimes against the Plastelinan civilian population by key West ally, the terrorist state of Israel.
- Arabs/Muslims and Westerners can’t get to reach a common understanding against all manners of terrorism as long as Western governments and Arab regimes continue to be selective in condemnation of terrorism.
- Western support for dictatorships in the Arab world are responsible in many ways for the creation of ISIS and those terrorist groups.
- Terrorist groups in the Middle East have been used and misused by local regimes and Western powers and Israel for many decades.
- Yes, the Iraq invasion of 2003 has proven to be exactly what Jacques Chirac has warned it would be: a dangerous Pandora’s Box.
- Obama has really not deviated from the dangerous policies of Bush 43, and his expansion of the wars in the Middle East has fueled the rise of ISIS.
- The Islam of Arab regimes is a dangerous and conservative Islam. It can’t be changed by the military commanders of Western powers, but it can be changed by the people of the region, if they are allowed to choose and think freely: but neither the West nor the Arab regimes want the Arabs to think freely. Al-Azhar University has become through bribes a tool for the Toads’ Wahhabi regime.
- It is not sectarian to declare the Toads’ Wahhabi doctrine as the official doctrine of Jihadi terrorism. Wahhabiyyah is not a sect: it is a school of fanatical terrorist thought and practice.
- How does Western powers fight ISIS? They foolishly rely on a royal buffoon in Jordan and on the UAE regime to engage in promoting a kinder Islam in social media. The fools in DC who think that those potentates have any standing among the young Muslims need to have their heads examined.
- Western powers and media are all hypocrites: they still cheer or cover up the war crimes of ISIS and Nusra in Syria if the affected victims happen to reside in Syrian regime-controlled areas.
- There should be a categorical end to external support of ALL Syrian rebels and to the Syrian regime by all sides.
- There is more but I have to run.
- Oh, also: why does the media coverage make these massacres West-versus-Islam, when many of the victims in Paris would most likely include many Muslims, and when ISIS in the Middle East kill more Muslims than non-Muslims, despite the fact that Pindosi Congress critturs only see Jews and Christians as victims but not Muslims.